Submission Information for Williwaw Publishing
Alaska Weather Calendar
Have any good Alaska weather photos? Each year we publish approximately 40 of them in the Alaska Weather Calendar. We pay for photos with cash and calendars.
We accept submissions year-round for the Alaska Weather Calendar. The pdf guidelines posted below give all the details. If you are comfortable with a skeletal, bullet list, here are the main points:
- Although submissions are accepted year-round, each calendar issue needs to go to press eventually. Selections are usually done in January and February of the year prior to the cover year. If spots are filled, I will usually keep photos and consider them for the next calendar.
- I’m looking for sharp, well exposed photos with strong weather and Alaska themes
- Please add your name to the file metadata of each photo
- Provide info about your photos, preferably in the file metadata
- Photos can be submitted via email to photos at williwaw dot com if the total size does not exceed ~15-20 Mb. Please attach the photos to the email, rather than place or paste them inline in the body of the email.
- Larger submissions can be mailed on a disc or sent via an online file depository such as wetransfer.com or Dropbox or others.
- I need to know if you’ve used any special effects, edits or adjustments on your photos
- We pay $50-200 per photo (depending on size) on publication, approximately May 1
- Published photographers also get two free calendars and a link to their website
- Yes, we do still accept slides and even prints–please refer to the complete guidelines
- The special section subject for the 2024 calendar will be wind. Yes, all about the power and complexities of wind in Alaska. Photos depicting the effects of wind on man and nature will be the ones to get into this 2-page spread.
For all the details download:
If you wish to be placed on our photographer’s email list, go to our subscribe page, check the photographer information box (and other lists, if you like), enter your email address, and hit the subscribe button. After confirming, you will get very occasional emails tailored for photographers.
Have an idea?
We’re open for proposals on books or other publications. We publish Alaska non-fiction, especially earth sciences, natural history, history etc. Our niche so far has centered around weather and climate, and this subject area we are not restricting to Alaska. Start by writing or emailing us with a simple query outlining what you would like to accomplish. We will try to acknowledge each such query, and then go to the next step if interested, so don’t send any sample chapters, etc., at first.